The thing about marketing efforts is that they can always be improved upon – they can always be more effective and garner more conversations. Luckily, with a franchise, most of the marketing is built in for you, especially if you have a particularly iconic logo or franchise name – especially if your parent company already has a multi-million dollar annual advertising budget to promote your product or services. However, on a local level, it is still important to get the word out about your particular franchise outpost, especially if you are a new outpost or off the beaten path. Here are five ways to improve upon your franchise marketing efforts.
- Join forces with other franchisees. In most cases, a certain franchise will service a particular community. In most cases, a consumer won’t go out of their way to visit another town’s franchise, so you don’t need to worry about competition. Plus, you are all working for the same team. This is the reason why joining forces with other franchise owners can be such a boon for your marketing efforts. You can pool resources, capital, contacts and even ideas to improve upon your collective franchise marketing campaigns.
- Use the power of the local news media. If you are a new franchise or if you have a new product, you want to get the attention of the news media. The news media can be a powerful ally to have when it comes to boosting your presence, especially in a local environment or demographic. So, you may want to think of a clever way to get the attention of the local news – the whole idea is to get the vans parked outside of your business. By taking this route, you will notice growing sales and revenue.
- Come up with a viral campaign. When thinking of marketing ideas for your business, you may also want to think of a way to create a viral video that will be shared by millions of people. Viral marketing can be an incredibly powerful tool when it comes to getting exposure for your franchise. In most cases, all you need is a smart idea. It could be a twenty-second video of your employees dancing or a funny riff about one of your products – anything that will get people’s attention.
- Place banners, advertisements and other materials in your store. If you have a new product on the menu or a new service, it will be hard for people to know about it if the product or service isn’t advertised anywhere. So, you may want to think about getting some banners and advertisements made. This can be a great way to boost the sales of a new product or increase sign ups for a new service.
- Boost your social media presence. Social media is a powerful medium because it connects you directly with consumers. If you want consumers to be constantly up to date about what is going on with your business, social media can be your optimal portal. In the end, every franchise should have a strong social media presence.